still don't have the new boat here in wisconsin but after hearing good reports, decided to go out with some friends from the firehouse. (its great to only have to work every third day!) seems like a classic case of "you should have been here yesterday!"

fishing was slow. The water was really milky in close. marked bait near the harbor mouth but that was about it. never traveled out to the clean water. ended the day 3 for 6, all cohos. Brads thin fish and Alderton flashers with small flys. Most action running through the "bubblier" south of the city. the gps was not working so speed consistency was difficult.

i ended up finding a great deal on a hardly used 2000 29 Tiara. She needs some TLC but only has 300 hours. I don't believe the previous owner did much with the boat since he purchased it back in 2004. Needs some good buffing and waxing along with general lack of maintenance repairs. Hopefully no major salt water issues. My last boat came from salt water as well so i kind of know what to expect.

jimcr,

based off of Capt Russ's report as well as a few others from the prior weekend, we stayed in the 15-30 foot depth. Bascially from the Racine harbor mouth south to the Racine waste water treatment plant. A couple hits outside the harbor mouth where we marked a bunch of bait. Trolled south to the waste water discharge and picked up our fish right in and around the discharge. could have been lots of dead water between the two spots or a combination of milky water and no way of reading speed consistently.

there were a hand full of other boats out as well. seemed like everyone was in search mode. they were all gone by the time we got back to the boat launch. either fishing was slow for everyone, or they all got their limits and we were doing something wrong.