Odd

GLF

My wife asked me to oil the hinges and locks on her car(2004 Grand Prix). So being the good husband that I am....I jumped right to my feet and ran out to the garage. OK...I may have set around for a while first.

Anyways...I squirted the drivers side hings and lock with some WD-40 and headed around to the passenger side. Guess what? There is no key lock on the passenger side? We have had this car for over 2 years and this is the first time I noticed this.

Any other GM cars without key locks on the passenger side?

CAREFUL!!!!

WD-40 is a solvent, the Grand Prix has a pretty expensive actuator in the hole where the key goes that can be damaged by solvents.....

Not to mention the damage solvents do to plastic bushings in the hinges around the pins for the doors

Your heart was in the right place......

Graphite or Silicone my friend.....Graphite or Silicone!!!! Or Lithium even.....

WD40 is only good for fishing!.....lol

Tim

Hey Mike how ya been? Where's the wife? Awwww she's outside sitting in her car, yeahh she's been out there all day, I don't get it....:D

She is stuck in the car and I can not figure out how to unlock her door :(

A lot of the newer veh. dont have pass. side lock cyld. You should have heard a customer I had today at my dealership. He bought his wife a 2006 Pontiac G6 convertible. No lockes in either door. His wife left the lights on (or at least there were on when the tow truck driver droped the car off). Ran the battery down and couldn't get into the car. Just a yellin' at me for not havin' locks in the doors:eek: Like I designed it:D

They dont pay me enough!!!!!