GPS recommendation

I currently have a Lowrance lms 240 that still works great but since going with a color fishfinder I want to upgrade my GPS to color. I have done some searching but just cant seem to find what I am looking for. Everything I have found is a combo unit and I already have a good color fish finder I just want a color GPS map. Any suggestions??

Matt,

Garmin does make the best GPS/Plotter units. The biggest problem is that with all brands the plotters are significantly more expensive than a sonar unit. I had a few links to companies in response to a thread by gspsteel below. I also found a company out of Okemos called J and H that sells marine electronics. There are plenty of units available, just depends on the budget. BTW, I have a Garmin GPSMap 292 and love it.

Thanks guys.

Did some more searching with your recommendations and I think I found what I am looking for. A Garmin GPSMAP 430 for $399.

Matt, does your 440 come preloaded with depth contours and marine nav aids for the great lakes or do you have to buy the bluechart chip?

Thanks Nick.

I was looking a GPS CITY and they had the same rebate deal. Kinda waiting to hear back from Matt cause if I read the specs right, the 430 comes with alot of preloaded info. If it does'nt I think I will go that route with the 421 and rebate.