Speed n Temp Probes

Hello gentlemen, Just recently bit the bullet and purchased a Fish Hawk snt probe. Looking for any advice on how to make it really pay off. In the past, I would try and hold a 2.5-3 sog but now I should be able to get the rigs that speed as well. Let me know what works for you all. Rig speed? Temperature breaks? Any other advice would be helpful....

the biggest advantage to having a SNT unit is being able to match speed. if you have a direction that is working for catching fish note the speed. when you switch direction in the current/wind you can then match your down speed with what was working before. everyone has different speeds that work for them from 1.5 up past 3. the key is to find what works for you and then you can keep it consistent. you will be surprised at the difference in your GPS speed on some days to keep your down speed consistent.

temp breaks are always important whether on the surface or down. USUALLY temp breaks hold fish. later in the summer when the water warms up you can use your down temp to find good water or figure out you need to move.

We would always try for a 2.7 mph down speed when targeting Kings. If we were after Lake Trout for a tournament, we would slow to about 2.0 mph. Nothing is cast in stone and different lures run better at different speeds. Even the fish seem to like it different some days. They are a good tool, but if you are tuned to rigger whine, dipsy rod bend, blow back, etc, you will feel when it's right.:)

I have use both Moor and Depthraider but not a Fish Hawk. On both of these units we tried to maintain 1.8-2.2 for Kings. This seems to run all baits well including flashers or plugs and spoons. Like noted earlier you have to find your own consistent troll and always believe your downspeed over your graph or GPS.