Muskegon Artificial Fishing Reef

So I took a walk out on the south arm of the Muskegon pier to see how the fishing was going this morning. I must have walked this pier 100 times in my life and for the first time I noticed a small plaque where the arm bends. It says a quarter mile from this plaque is Lake Michigan's first articficial fishing reef. Just wondering if anyone has anymore information on it since I am having some trouble finding info anywhere else. Does it attract fish like it was supposed to? Or was it a dud? Does anyone have the coordinates for the reef? If so would you pm them to me? I would like to check it out some time.

Its there! This is not the only piece of structure to the South. Motor around with your eye on your fish finder and you will find it all. Once you find it, mark it on your gps.

Algae grows on the reef. This attracts bait fish, which attracts preditors. A couple of years ago, I caught a 3.5lb smallmouth on a wire diver with an 11" flasher and fly off the reef.

Hamilton Reef

Just south of the Muskegon Channel

30'

Cement rubble

N 43 12.990

W 86 20.499 Also known as "The Rock Pile", the Hamilton Reef is an artificial reef of cement rubble in a snake formation.

The reef provides habitat for fish, making it an interesting dive.

I wish we had more structures like this on the great lakes. I know some spots like that that are not marked on any mapping cartography. Dont know if theyre man made or what, but they sure hold a ton of fish. Imagine having those dotted around. Would be pretty sweet.