Sony PS3 YLOD Blinking Red LED

GLF

How I repaired our Sony Playstation 3 PS3.

We purchased a PS3 when they first came out 3 years ago. We purchased an extended warranty with the PS3 which expired 1 month and 1 week ago. On Sunday, when a different disc was put in, it quit working and had a blinking red LED. :( I turned it off, and turned it back on and it blinked yellow for a second and then blinks red continuously. Yep.....1 month and 1 week out of warranty. :mad: Now its $150 plus tax and shipping for Sony to repair it. :eek:

I am a maintenance electrician by trade, and figured I would take a poke at it to see if I could fix it. I got checking around on google, and came across a video on youtube on how to possibly fix this.

So after watching the video, and following along with the video, I successfully repaired our PS3! :thumb:

If you or someone you know has this issue with their PS3, here is the link for the videos I watched to repair it.

Sorry....I am not bragging, just tickled pink that I fixed it! :P

The real reason I posted this was for the search engines. After the search engines crawl this thread, people may find this website when they do a search for repairing a Sony PS3 Playstation 3. ;) Sure....most of them might not be fisherman, but there might be a couple. ;)

GJ Mike. It is amazing what can be found on the www. That $150 you saved can be splurged on stuff for the boat.:lol:

A little over a year ago we had problem with our washing machine. A little digging on the web, and a little know how, will gitter done.