Anything New

GLF

I wanted to add an autopilot to my boat this winter. Unfortunately, this is not going to happen this year. I still have to reupholster the seats, vinyl panels, and redo the teak before spring. I need to get busy on this. :eek:

Sure would be nice if I hit the lotto. :rolleyes: I guess I have to play it to win it. :P

What are you adding anything to your boat this winter?

nothing boughten really...i built a lot of things (rocket launcher,dipsey holders etc)that are still bare aluminum..need either paint or powdercoat..my floors are carpeted and where people rest theyre feet on edges i need to fab corner protectors..gonna make some equipment holders for my motor cover(always looking for hook remover and such)make a few more rod holders..other than that just trying to watch the pennies...thought about a chart card for the garmin but i know muskegon fairly well so i dont know...maybe with fishing other port tourneys i should get one...maybe install a new flux capaciter:lol:

I've been busy this winter rethinking, and adding to the rod collection.

As it stands the spread is;

2, wire/low divers

2, braid/high divers

3, rigger rods

1, 2 color/swr

2, 5 color core

2, 10 color core

2, 120 copper

1, 175 copper

1, 300 copper

Also the rod tree's that Jon is making.

This should give me good coverage.

I may have to move the rods out of the garage because, it's driving me nuts seeing, but not being able to use them.

img_9396.jpg

I wanted to add an autopilot to my boat this winter. Unfortunately, this is not going to happen this year. I still have to reupholster the seats, vinyl panels, and redo the teak before spring. I need to get busy on this. :eek:

Sure would be nice if I hit the lotto. :rolleyes: I guess I have to play it to win it. :P

What are you adding anything to your boat this winter?

Save your money Mike. The cabin boys will soon be able to handle the back of the boat. You can be the full time helmsman.:)

I have two new Big Jon Multiset Rod holders, mounted on my out and down swivel bases. A couple of Okuma MA15DX reels and Diawa rods, for the inside riggers. A new wiper motor.:) Possibly a chart plotter sonar combo. My LMS 350 Lowrance is older than dirt.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to add an autopilot and kicker this year, but after looking into my options I need hydraulic steering if I want the autopilot to work for the main engine and the kicker:( I'm going to just add two new seats and reupholster my boat as well. Maybe add the hydraulic steering this year as well.