lets talk upgrades

what are are u upgrading this year. me new line on the rods, upgrading all my rods to st croix as well as all pro thermal tip ups, have a guy putting a door mod on my jet sled, as well as stocking up on jigging raps, shap raps, and chubby darters, as well as adding to the jig collection. lets hear what you guys got planned

Where to start???? My main thing this year is going to be to modify my frabill hideout so it is a self contained unit. I'm going to make a box (if you will), that will hold all of my gear, put some runners on the bottom of it, and then some how fabricate it up so that the frame for the shanty will work off the box, which will also double as my seat. I will lose the plastic floor that comes with this unit. My reason for doing this is that the plastic floor that I was using is where I put all my gear, and when towing it out on the bay it gets filled up with snow/slush so everytime I move and then set back up I have to clean all my gear. My buddy made something like this last year and it was the cat's meow. Other than that I would love to get my hands on a vex or lowrance flasher to help me eliminate unproductive waters. Then a snow flap on the back of the sled, and I may even sell my sled and buy another for the same price that is in a little better condition. Hopefully these changes in my equipment will be functional, make setting up easier and generally aid in enjoying ice fishing more.

I'm not doing much this year. I need to get the headlight working on my sled. And I'm going to replace the doors and locks on my shanty floor with Starboard as the slush sticks to the wooden doors and the plastic tabs that keep them in place have broken. I also need to repair the rod I use for my Slammer, the eye broke that triggers it. Other than that, I should be good to go except for some new line.

Ahh...No worries, just a brain fart on my part. Might have been another site that had the same topic.

Anyhow, probably wont add much to my set up. Gotta replace the brushes in my starter and i should be good. That and line. Im sure ill add some miscelaneous lures, i always do....Fisherman.

Yup, fished with Craig and Brian...Good people right there. They came up this summer and fished a day and a half with us. First day we did great, second day we had boat troubles so we couldnt get to where we fished the day prior. Had the RVO pump go out. We got a few fish, but wasnt like the day prior.