New Boat Seats

JWheeler

Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade the seating in my boat by next season. Currently I have the back to back seats, which are okay, but just looking for a better layout. I'm thinking about a pedestal captains seat that can swivel 360* and would also be adjustable up & down. DOn't know really what I'm going to put behind that seat. And on the port of the boat I was thinking about some sort of bench seat???? Anyways looking for ideas from you fellas, and if you were so inclined to upload a picture of your layout that would be great.

Thanks

Jason

Eric, that's not what I was looking to hear. I guess, maybe keep the back to back but make some modifications. The seat it too low for a guy like me, makes it difficult to see, I would like to be able to be higher up when under power. The height of the seat is fine when I'm trolling. And I too like the idea of a bench seat on port, I still want to have storage under the port side seating too. What to do?????

I have doors on both sides so i would have to keep them accessable. They are high enough its just the lack of seating i bought 2 of the fold up deck seats and they kinda cramp the back deck even when they are backed up to the pedastal seats. I guess the only option is get a bigger tiara!

That's why I was thinking pedestal for the helm only, and then some sort of seat with a back rest right behind it and then a bench on the port. That way I would not lose any seats, and if the bench on the port was big enough, I may actually gain room for 1 more rider under the hardtop. One of the most important things in my decision to get the pedestal at the helm is the adjustability without giving up comfort. Is your pedestal comfortable to ride on?

Depending on whether or not you have a live well, you could build an aluminum frame to mount a cooler behind the helm seat, that way you could put a cushion on for seating and also have a place for fish. I like the back to back seat setup on the port side of my boat, I have a single seat on the helm with the fish box/seat behind. If I need extra seating, folding chairs placed correctly do the trick.