My report for the Manistee Budweiser Pro/Am

I know I am a little late in this report but better late than never, right.:)

I fished aboard my Uncle's boat for this tourny and the 2 of us pre-fished Friday morning going 4/4. Went south into the 10's and worked the 60-80 FOW were we marked lots of fish a week earlier. Nothing there so we headed out and picked up our 4 fish in 140-180 FOW. Two shakers off a rigger 80 down on a Silver Streak green frog and the other 2 fish (8lb and 10lb'er) came on full leadcore with a white hotchie and white fly.

Saturday morning for the tourny we decided to work that same area but it turned out that it was a bad decision. Ended up going 2/6 in 8hrs of fishing. In all honesty, we only felt 3 of those fish. Other 3 fish were a quick rip and then gone. I cant recall the baits that worked Sat cause with slow fishing comes fast drinking.:)

Gathered some info from other boats that worked some different water and decided to go a little north and work some deep water Sunday morning. Very slow for us for the first few hours, 0/0. We ended up finding a few fish about a mile north around 280-300 FOW. Finished the day 5/6. Four king's with the biggest going just under 17lbs and one 7lb laker. All fish but the laker hit on the riggers 90-110 feet down with hotchies and meat. Laker came on a rigger 100 feet down on the SS green frog.

Ended up placing 43rd in the AM division out of some 70+ boats.:(

Congrats to Fishin Magician on the Win.:)

Thanks for the report Matt. Did fishin magician win the pro side or the am side?

Congrats on the win fishin magician! Care to share some winning information with the members?