Secondhand Smoke a Threat to All, Surgeon General Warns

GLF

It increases risk of heart disease, lung cancer and SIDS, report finds

TUESDAY, June 27 (HealthDay News) -- No amount of secondhand smoke is safe.

And the only way to protect nonsmokers is through smoke-free environments. Separating smokers and nonsmokers within the same air space or relying on sophisticated ventilation systems just doesn't work.

That's the conclusion of a new U.S. Surgeon General's report issued Tuesday, which determined that nonsmokers who were exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work had a 25 percent to 30 percent increased risk of developing heart disease and a 20 percent to 30 percent increased risk for lung cancer.

http://health.msn.com/healthnews/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100138395&GT1=8211

Thank you "Captain Obvious"........A.K.A. "The Surgeon General", took a real genius to figure that out:) It just gives non-smokers more to complain about. What about deep frying and or cooking indoors? There enough PNA's in that to cause long term health effects too. Better move all of the kitchens in Michigan to the outdoors. OK "Captain Obvious", time to take all of that money you're making and tell us something we don't know! Jackass!

Second hand smoke proves fatal to non smokers....................

Being smokers don't care about their health,why would they care about anyone else's???

I smoke(no one likes a quitter).

Almost $8/pack(25 cigs) up here now.

One day,all these health nuts will be lying in a hospital bed,complaining because their dying from nothing.................... .

Better to burn out,then fade away(Highlander quote).

What do most smokers do with their cigarette butts, when they are out fishing? In the lake they go...

Who can tell me how many cigarette butts are in the bottom of the Great Lakes?

Speaking only for myself....

They go the same place they go when I'm in the woods, or walking down a street....

The fire gets knocked off and what's left goes into my pocket.....

Yes, I do have buldgy pockets when I come in off the water, and back from the woods.....

And part of me needs to agree with you also..... Nothing says "Damn !" to me more than to be trolling by an emptied ashtray floating on the water, or bouncing down a babbling brook....

I have no issues with any building that does not allow smoking.... But please don't tell me I can't go outside..... Nor am I asking for additional time to go outside to supply that craving.......

But IMO the bleeding heart lib's will only continue to push until they push each other into a vast nothingness..... My $0.02 :cool: