How Much Would You Pay

GLF

There are a couple of underwater video cameras that can be used while trolling.

I know some of you could care less about owning one. For those that do.......How much would you be willing to pay for an underwater video camera for trolling?

For me I think it would be in the $250-$350 range. I don't think many people would be willing to pay allot for one unless it was hassle free and easy to use. Many of us still fish out of 18' and under boats with 8' or less beams so adding extra gear could be an issue also.

It is still in the design phase but last winter I made a prototype and although it did not work it solved many questions I had. This winter I hope to finish a complete working camera to test next year. If it goes as I have planned in my head I am pretty sure I could have a good color, infrared wireless camera for under $300, not including the monitor.

Buy you asking this question Mike, I have a feeling that you may have just become my competition..:eek: Guess I better get my idea done and patented before you.....:grin:

Buy you asking this question Mike, I have a feeling that you may have just become my competition..:eek: Guess I better get my idea done and patented before you.....:grin:

Looks like I am behind you on this. I am in the developement phase of mine. I ordered parts to start tinkering with today.

If it goes as I have planned in my head I am pretty sure I could have a good color, infrared wireless camera for under $300, not including the monitor.

Just curious Blue Devil, you mentioned color infrared. I worked with vision systems and the infrared leds for illumination were only visable with Black and white cameras. Am I off track here? I believe that thermal imaging cameras are the only ones that can pick up the radiated infrared from an object for a color spectrum differential.....Those can get pricey. Another note for the guys wanting to try building cameras I spoke with a company R&D engineer that builds the Discovery Channel underwater kind of stuff and he reccomends blue and or green illumination for maximum distance and keeping the light from reflecting off particles in the water......hope any of this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

The camera that I have is a cheap one that I am using to experiment with but it is color and infrared. BUT with the infrared on it might as well be black and white, very little color show's up with infrared. With the infrared lights off the color show's quite well...

This winter I hope to do some more experimenting and will keep everyone informed.

Mike, if a ever want to compare notes just ask. I am no expert at this stuff but I enjoy tinkering with it..