Small Boat time LIMIT. 9-07-09

Things were a little different today then yesterday. First we stopped off at my big boat this morning to pick up some bouncers and harnesses. Also wanted to take a good look at my TR-1. Good new was that My TR-1 autopilot is not broken like I thought on yesterdays trip. The actuator pump pin on the hydralic cylinder simply broke and disconnected from the motor. About a .30 cent codder pin and it and I will be back in business.

But the good news didn't stop there today. The other good news is my 2 day catching Jinx that was fallowing me around Saturday and Sunday got it's azz kicked today. Me and Reel Fishin launched at Gambles at 8:30am and headed towards Pin Bar. Got about half way there and we knew that reaching the spot I wanted to go NE of the Bar was going to be brutal. That calm forecast for this morning was off by about 1 1/2 feet. And the NE wind and waves coming straight at us and my Flat Botom Jet Boat was beating us up a little. So when we hit 12FOW straight out from Gambles we started to fish. We stumbled onto what was an isolated 10.8 foot finger that juted out into 13 fow. We hit a triple there (2 keeps and a dink) and I marked the spot on my GPS. All we did was make circles around this spot and we went 12 for 15 on walleyes, one giant smallie and one cat by 11:30am. Now here's the real curve ball. 2 ounce bouncers/harnesses 10' back on one side. Tommy Harris Firetiger blades on one rig and White/Red web pattern on the other. Both Bouncers ran on one side. Then twin Meat Tots on the other side 10' back. Green/Red Bill on one, Pink Flamingo on the other. Both were equally effective. Speeds were everything from 1.7 to 2.6. The waves had a lot to do with that. :grin:

IMG_0213.sized.jpg

IMG_0211.sized.jpg

IMG_0212.sized.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express

Thank's Jason.

But next time you'll be the hero and I'll be the zero. After 50+ years of fishing, I firmly believe knowledge and skill will never be more then 35% of any fish catching equation. But that 35% is all powerfull in the scheme of things. Circumstances and repetitiveness put us on and caught us our fish today. We just knew how to react and adjust to them once they gave away their hiding spot. And that's 65% and the rest of the fishing equation IMV. :grin:

Edited by Walleye Express

• 2 weeks later...