25hp Mercury 2 stroke [SOLD]

Bought on eBay in 2005 as a kicker for our 28' Marinette. Have upgraded to a 4 stroke.

Manual start motor starts easily, runs great, and shifts smoothly: F-N-R. Just installed new spark plugs, water pump kit, carrier bearing seal, thrust bearing and washer ($150, have receipts and saved the old parts). Lower unit pressure tested and filled with new gear lube.

Included: Garelick portable stand ($80), fuel tank and line ($40), service manual ($70), Garelick tilter assist handle ($25), propeller (10 3/8" X 13P), and fabric motor cover.

YEAR - 1982 - Always fresh water

MODEL - 102522

SERIAL - 7188680

$900 OBO

I prefer not to have to ship but could put on a pallet for your shipper. Probably around 125 pounds total.

DD

25outboard.jpg

More pictures: http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/DiverDennisL/MERCURY%20OUTBOARD/

• 4 weeks later...

Dennis,

Was curious how your 25 worked on your Marinette. Just ordered a NuticalTwist set-up for 28' Sportfish model and getting ready to purchase a kicker. Could you share how well it pushed your boat for trolling,and would you be comfortable with it as an emergency source to reach a safe harbor in a decent wind and sea?

Really admire what you have done to your Marinette.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...
Dennis, Was curious how your 25 worked on your Marinette. Just ordered a NuticalTwist set-up for 28' Sportfish model and getting ready to purchase a kicker. Could you share how well it pushed your boat for trolling,and would you be comfortable with it as an emergency source to reach a safe harbor in a decent wind and sea? Really admire what you have done to your Marinette. Rich
Thanks Rich. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

The 25 pushed her at 7mph and the 15 does 5mph. The 15 is quiet, electric start and tilt is very nice, and the remote throttle control is awesome. Also, since I tied into the ship's fuel supply, I don't have to tote a portable fuel tank around.

I'm confident we would be able to limp home on the kicker.

Good Luck,

DD