Weed bed Walleye. 8-12-09

Took the small boat this morning with a guy and his son. Got the son his first eye (picture below) out near the man-made island. But the waters out, downshore and around the Hot Ponds was just that "HOT". I mean 93 degrees in some spots. With hardly a breeze out there, that hot water simply disperses straight out and pools along that shore. If there were any fish around they were looking for shade.

Decided to head for my Ice Burg spot. Don't know why I didn't notice this before, or have any trouble with them, but there are a lot of weeds growing almost to the surface in waters as deep as 10' near my spot. Anyway, with the weeds floating everywhere and the river flow almost mud and crowding my spot as well, we decided to cast with Rattle Tot's and a few Shad Raps I had aboard. Ended the day at 12:00pm with 7 nice fish. Was actualy kind of nice to be tested in this way for a change, instead of the using the same old programs trip after trip. Keeps a man sharpe and feeling part of the game, when versatility pays off. Oh ya, also had a huge Northern fallow my Rattle Tot to the boat like a Muskie. Wish I would have thought of doing a figure 8 at the side of the boat. :eek::grin:

IMG_0174.jpg

90*, wow that is warm. Nice job Dan. Casting for them eh???? Little different approach then the usual!!!! Whatever it takes. Nice to be able to attack them in different ways to get them. :secret: