6/13 Muskegon - Getting a bit tougher

Fishing is getting tougher out of Muskegon, but there are still fish to be caught. We ended up the day with 13 bites and boated 11 fish. The only bad thing about the 11 fish we boated, is they were pretty small. In fact, we had to turn 4 kings loose that were not even big enough to be legal (yes, they really were under 10 inches….yikes!). Of the 7 we kept, we had 2 lakers, one 10lbs and one 8lbs and 5 kings which ranged from 3-6 lbs. Our best depth was 150-160 feet of water, and all of our fish came in the top 55 or 60 FOW. All hits came on Nailer Spoons. We took 2 bites on Tangerine Gold (46G), 2 bites on Blue Ice Glow (44), 2 on Mixed Veggie gold(47G), 2 on Black and Blue Glow (93), and one hit on Pink Ice Glow (40), Lemon Ice Glow(43), Orange Ice Glow (41). We also took a bite on a Purple/Black prototype and a Yellow/Black prototype. Rigger down 55 was our best taking 4 bites, but the 7 color and 10 color were worthy of an honorable mention with 2 hits each. We’ll be on the water on Monday and Tuesday, so check back to see if we can find some bigger fish early next week.

GJ Chris in tough conditions.:)

Hey Frank,

I just learned tonight that Chris goes to my Church in Kent City. I'll see you in Au Gres the whole week before 4th of July weekend.

Dave