After fishing the GLFTT event on Saturday and seeing the NOAA forecast for Monday, I decided I would head back out on Monday. Arrangements were made with a couple of other fisherman and the plan was to leave the dock at 5am. Inreeltrouble(Doug) showed up around 4:30am, and I was still prepping the boat.

At 5am I called the other persons cell phone and got his voicemail. Hmmmmm....Maybe he stopped at Wesco and was getting coffee and doughnuts for us????? At 5:10am, I decide someone who did not show up is getting a phone call at home. If they are not making the trip, they are at least getting woke up. I make the call and wake up their significant other who wakes him up. I get the lame, my alarm clock is blinking excuse. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I get off the phone with him, and we head out. It blew hard all night out of the East, so we shut down in 40FOW and troll around out front without a bump for 45 minutes. I decide to pull the lines and we run out deeper to where the fish "have" been.

We shut down in 80FOW and set up in the 1' or less waves. 1' or less my ass! It is blowing so hard out of the East, that we decide to troll West in the 3-5' waves.

Somewheres around 155fow we picked up this king on a wire diver set on 3.5 with 150 of line out. It hit a Siggs Rigs trophy fly in Bluegreen Hypnotist behind a blue bubble protroll flasher.

100_1894.jpg

We made it out to 180FOW before we spun the boat around and headed back into the waves. We breast stroked the diver rods all the way back into 140FOW before we spun the boat back around.

We picked up a small king on a half core with a Stinger stingray size craigs x-mas on a half core.

We picked up a lake trout on a rigger set at 150' with a Stinger stingray size killer dolphin.

After a trip back out to 165FOW, we spun the boat back East and breast stroked the divers back into 120FOW before we pulled lines and headed in.

We picked up a small shaker that was released on the killer dolphin on a rigger set at 80' as I was pulling the last line.

Our final tally was 4 for 4 with 2 other knock offs.

Thanks for coming along Doug, we will get out again!

I have to give a huge "THANKS MIKE" for inviting me out fishing on the GLf.

I had a great time, And above all else learned some important things about set-ups and technique. Even though it was a bumpy ride it was still a great day out on the lake. I even got a few turn the damn clicker off!! from Mike :lol::angry2::grin:. ha ha i was even told next time it's a slap to the back of the neck...LOL/:eek::D:D.

Oh by the way don that is definetly only a face a mother can love...

Thanks again mike i will get a hold of you after this week and I'm back from getting Hitched..:eek: Oh what am i thinking.