After the St. Catherine's event Team Yankee Troller was looking for revenge. We felt we were better than a 35 place finish! The team for this event consisted of myself, my father, my brother, uncle Eric, and Jeremy Sage. In our favor we had two solid days of chartering allowing us to find, and figure out the Salmon. Day one we blasted off and ran to our waypoints from the previous two days. We were met with hungry fish eating the program we had been running the previous two days. Only difference was the fish were running a tad bit smaller than we had been catching.

5/9 - We trolled the 140-250 depth hitting our waypoints and here came the fish! Again our program consisted of 4 wire divers pulling a combination of SmartFish and Spin Doctors trailed by A-TOM-MIK flies. Our divers were parked at 300 and 325 for the inside divers and 350 and 375 for the outside divers. We ran 3 downriggers pulling various spoons anywhere from 75-180' down. Our BEST spoon was the Dreamweaver SS Dave;s Salmon Slapper. We couldn't get a Sea Sick Waddler to go for the first time in I don't know! Lastly we had a 600 copper down the chute with my favorite set-u! A SmartFish on a 9 O'clock setting White on White pulling an A-TOM-MIK Ultra Green Glow Fly.

After everyone hit the scales we were sitting pretty in 7th place! We had about a 15lb average in our cooler, but we lacked that kicker fish we had pulled the previous two days.

5/10 -We were met with high winds and we were hoping that the tournament would be called and we would cash in 7th, but when the lake was checked it was fishable. Once we started fishing it wasn't fishable anymore! We still gave it our all and immediately after we set up the 600 copper took off followed by a screamer on the 375 wire. We ended up 0 for 2 very quickly! We would end the day with 5 keepers and a bunch of lost fish. Not a 15 pound average like the previous day, but we tried! Same program as above, but the size went down for our boat. We would get bumped out of the top ten and finish in 11th place. Just out of the money, and by 4 pounds! That hurts, but the guys above us were all very solid fisherman and my hat goes off to them.

100_0824.jpg