Mothers Day PM Muskegon

Took the wife out to fish this evening Wave report was wrong as usual the report said calm to 1 ft. When I left it was 2 to 4 with some 3 to 5's mixed in. So we never made it past 40 ft before she was ready to come back in. Oh well her day not gonna have fun with her complaining about the weather so turned back in. Marked some decent size fish inside the arms so did harbor patrol for a little over a hour and wife caught her first fish of the year a 25 in pike so she was happy. I had her drive around Muskegon Lake for a bit to get comfortable with driving the boat again and she drove it all the way to the launch but made me dock it. Almost no boats out and very little radio traffic but still no skunks this year. Hopefully weather is better next weekend at Port Sheldon.

I know but wife was wanting a smooth first trip out so the reports had her scared to begin with then seeing all the lightning finished her off. When she saw that the report was good for Sun afternoon she was ready to fish unfortunatly the actual weather did not follow the report for either day. Sat was supposed to be lumpy and get worse and you had a few decent hours to fish Sun was supposed to be flat all day and blew up shortly before we hit the lake. Go figure