More Thunder on the Bay 5/6/09

After putting together just a few of the Thunderstick trolling clues from yesterdays trip, we decided to see if we could refine the technique a little more today. And indeed we did, with some better results. We figured out exactly where the most suspended and active fish were on the river channels ledge, and at what depth they were feeding best. We found the best speed and the best length for our leads to entice these fish, and the Old Thundersticks did the rest again. And the later it got into the afternoon, the fish moved their feeding zone and we moved with them. And like yesterday we never seen another fish landed around us. And as you can tell from the pictures, we had a ball. :grin:

IM001914.jpg

EX000044.sized.jpg

IM001910.jpg

IM001912.sized.jpg

IM001908.jpg

IM001906.jpg

IM001915.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express

GJ near the Spoils Dan. :) That area is super good this time of year. I think we will have another banner year on the Bay, with the fish being slightly bigger.:)

I bought a few of the Thunderstick rods a couple of years ago, and they came with a Thunderstick lure. A fairly decent inexpensive rod with a bonus. I think they were $10-$12.:)

Thank's Frank.

I was glad to see Normark making the Thunderstick Juniors again, but wish they would go back to the old style Storm colors. That old style fire tiger color caught us 13 of the 17 fish we boated in those 2 days. I tried the newer Normark color and it caught nothing. Then my buddy fed one of my old style tigers to his kicker motor yesterday. Stuff like that happens, but it was like loosing and old friend. :(