Well, we took the Just Right out for it's shakedown cruise Saturday afternoon. Set up just off the pierheads and headed south about 3:00pm. Was just south of Bil Mar in 12 fow and took a rip from an absoutely huge steelhead. This fish was in the air more than in the water. He managed to cause the board to dive and snapped off between the board and himself. He hit a black and silver X Rap. That was our only rip. The warmest water we found was 45 degrees. (Other than what was in my bilge) Blew a hose on the boat and managed to get that fixed. Found a couple of other small quirks that need attention but all in all, was an awesome afternoon..

It's going to be a great season!

THanks guys!

Yes, the hose was no biggie...just a couple of small burns on the forearm hooking it back up. At least I know my impeller is good and so is my bilge pump!! :)

I wish I could have boated that steelie. Biggest one I've ever hooked into. The line counter said 275 ft and he still looked big. Had that big, thick bull head on it... Beautiful fish. He would have only been in the boat long enough for some pic's and a weight..

Oh well..such is fishing.. We had a loon hanging around and following us for about 15 minutes too... Way cool..

Man, it felt good to get back on the pond!