2009 West Michigan Fishing League Update

Since Rich is unable to run the West Michigan Fishing League this year I have offered to take over. I am going to change a few things that will make it easier for me. These changes will only be in effect for this year. The first change is that events will be held on Saturday, with Sunday as the blow date. I have not finalized all of the dates yet but have decided that the first event will take place on Saturday, May 16th, at Pt. Sheldon. The blow date will be May 17th. I will have the rest of the dates posted as soon as possible. Hopefully by the end of the week. The second change will be fewer prizes. Since I am starting late I will not be giving away lures or other prizes at every event. I will work on getting a prize for the overall winner. I am trying to keep this as simple as possible. The third change is that this will not be a charity event. I will leave that to Rich. We will be going back to the old pay scale. Cost for each event will be $15. $5 will go toward big fish. Everyone will have to sign a waiver before fishing and will have to pay the morning of the event. I plan on launching 30 minutes prior to start and would like everyone to pay me by then. If you are running late please contact me by cell phone to let me know you are coming or by radio once you launch. If I have not heard from you by 5am you will not be able to weigh-in. If you say that you are going to fish but don’t pay, you will not be allowed to fish any more events for the rest of the year.

Event Rule's For 2009

1. This is a FUN tournament. We ask people to share fishing tips on the radio (Channel 72). Please keep your comments at a PG rating. This is a family oriented event.

2. Fishing starts at 5:00 AM and lines pulled at 11:00 AM. The exception will be the last tournament, which will start at 6:00am and end at 12 noon. (All captains must be at the weigh in by 12:30 and no later, 1:30 for the last event.)

3. Boats must only use 6 rods.

4. Three-man limit on catching fish and a MAX of 4 fishermen per boat.

5. Weigh in 5 fish of any kind (King, Coho, Steelhead, Browns, and Lakers).

6. Each fish is worth points plus weight.

Browns- 25pts.

Steelhead- 20pts.

Kings- 15pts.

Coho- 10pts.

Lakers- 5pts.

7. Know what your big fish is. You get 1 chance to weigh your big fish.

8. NO CULL RULE. If you box the fish or the fish is bleeding, YOU MUST KEEP THE FISH.

9. All captains must sign a waiver form before they fish. 10. I will decide by 7pm on Friday night if a tournament has to be canceled. The decision will be posted on this website. We will not fish if there is a small-craft advisory or if the wave forecast calls for waves over 4 ft. We will fish if it is raining but not in a thunderstorm.

If we are fishing this tournament and anyone happens to see any lightning, you MUST report to Paulywood (Channel 72). Cancellations will be called for lightning, wind warnings, small craft warnings. Tournament will still count if fished at least until 8:00 am

Winnings

Biggest fish- Cash ($5 x number of boats) First tiebreaker is total weight, second is total number of fish caught.

1st place- 50% of entries

2nd place- 30% of entries

3rd place-20% of entries

The biggest fish caught will decide tiebreakers. The second tiebreaker will be total fish caught.

2009 Biggest Fish Of The Year Game

Each captain will have to put in $10.00 to enter the Big Fish Game. . You will have to pay me before you go out fishing and not at the weigh in. Any captain that wants to fish any of these tournaments can get in this fun game even if you don’t fish every event. (BUT YOU CANNOT SIGN UP FOR THIS IN THE LAST EVENT) The captain who catches the biggest fish in one of the tournaments throughout the year will take home all of the money.

I am sure that there are things that I have forgot and will update this as soon as I have more details. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or contact me.

Thanks,

Nick

Cell: 517-795-7185

Email: [email protected]

Edited by Paulywood
Changes

Same thing. I was on the previous list for all events and if it stays the same weekends then i can still do them. If you need to change the dates i will have to let you know which ones i will still be able to make. By the way if you need any help i would be more than happy do what i can, just let me know. Thanks again for picking up the ball on this one Nick!

I am going to start a new signup. I am trying to keep them the same weekends, just saturday instead of sunday. I did move the first one back 2 weeks. I will sign both of you up, hope you can make them.

Teams:

1. Paulywood

2. 1 Maniac

3. dcralston