Takota Rod Eyelets

Have any of you guys experienced eyelets breaking off on the Takota rods with stainless steel eyelets? I heard this was a chronic problem for Shimano, and I've been told they've corrected the problem. I recently bought a few of these rods, but haven't used them yet so I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thank-you. After reading several posts on this web site I feel like I'm in good company with a substantial knowledge base in salmon fishing. Glad I found this site.

John, If you get a chance introduce yourself in the welcome forum. It will help us get to know you and you to know us. I have made many friends here. The site has helped me fill me fill my boat seats, and got me some rides with some very good fishermen. Frank:)

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming you are talking about Talora rods from Shimano, I have 6 of these on their 3rd year and have had no problems. Great rods IMO. I know they make Tekota reels but am not aware of a Tekota rod made by them. The TDR Shimano rods are the ones I've had problems with the eyelets. Bought 6 of those just last year and had to send 2 back cause of the eyelets popping out. Shimano was VERY good with customer service and sent me 2 new rods.

What I do now on all my rods to try and help keep them in there is use a krazy glue pen and work that around the seam where they fit into.

No I meant to write Talora, but accidentally wrote Takota. I purchased a few of these rods, and haven't used them yet. I know they have a great warranty, but was curious on how many other people had this issue.

The Talora rods that are said to have this problem have the stainless steel eyelets not the ceramic. I was told they were breaking right off the mount, but Shimano was working with there supplier to get it fixed.

The Talora rods that are said to have this problem have the stainless steel eyelets not the ceramic. I was told they were breaking right off the mount, but Shimano was working with there supplier to get it fixed.

I have 18 Talora rods and have never had an issue with any of them.