Boat's home Blew a bearing in the driveway

Boltman

yep I worte it right, was backing into the driveway and noticed the Fromt tire on the triple axle trailer, was actually turning...problem is it's not a turning axle... I was able to get it in the driveway and backed up near My barn, took off the rim as the bearing in the front dropped out and was destroyed....

What a fix this is going to be, I will have my Heavy equipment Mechanic coming up to assess the damage and if I need a new Axle, the spindle is a little torn up.....Prey for me guys.

Robert

Ouch! I smoked a trailer bearing once. Its not a good feeling going down the highway watching smoke pour out of the hub. Good thing I was only a few miles from my storage and was able to pull over and wait for the bearing to cool down and get to my destination. Lack of maint on my part! Bearing buddies are on my trailer now. Well at least it didn't happen in the heat of summer fishing:D

Yes they are expensive it's part of the axle, but we don't think its going to have to be replaced. I'll know later this week, they are 7000 pound axles each. It's really hard on them pulling it out of the rampm the front axle takes all the weight, it's not a pretty sight. Again not the end of the world but certainly not an expected expense.

Loadmaster Trailers out of Ohio Custom made the trailer for me, I called them the day it happened, and they are working up a price on a whole axle assembly or just the axle, using my components ie brakes springs etc.

I can't believe we're getting sleet here right now, it's snowing as well over here, but I knew we'd get hit with this storm.. just a matter of time....