Erie 6/3 & 4

We pulled limits Sat and Sun. They came fast on Saturday and we had to work for them a bit Sunday. Trolling tots and spoons, gold/black and perch tots off the boards were best and a stinger dolphin was the best spoon today. Seas were rough this morning but it got nice out later. We fished 14-18 feet of water out of Bolles Harbor. Good luck!

Hey Ed, I wondered if you were out, we stayed a bit north of you, and did pretty well in the BC tourney;) We tried the meat and the hardware, didn't seem to matter. Lots of the charters I seen trolling with the big boards were landing a fish every 3-4 minutes.Most of them done by 11 am. Had the boat in a slip all weekend, so we avoided the mess at the launch for the most part!

Thanks again to the Detroit Beach Boat Club for their fine hospitality, and continuing support of the Battle Creek steelheaders.:cool:

Hi Spanky, I tried to call you a couple times on the radio but couldn't reach you. Get any bigger fish on the meat? 15-18 inchers for us. Good eating but finding one over 20 inches has been tough lately.

hey Ed, Our tourney director decided to have us on ch. 01, so thats why you couldn't reach me, I don't know what channel we will be on this weekend. You gonna come to the league event on sat. You should get a babysitter, and bring the wife for the fun.

As for your question, it didn't seem to matter wether meat or, gulp, or spoons, or cranks. Location, played a bigger part. These fish seem to school according to size, and if you caught 1 -15 incher, you could catch a dozen there. we moved 5 different times on sat to different gps. spots. Got bigger fish on sunday(day after the tourney) but thats how it always goes. 22 inches was our biggest of the weekend, but the average we boxed was 17-18. probably caught 50-60 eyes sat and friday, and just fish a few hrs on sunday, probably caught 30 on sunday to get our 15.:)

I wish I could get the wife to send the kids to the babysitter to fish. She won't give them up on a weekend for anything now. Maybe that will change in a few more years? I brought them all out once this year but the best I can count on is a couple hours on the water with them. A full day trip is not in the cards yet. Thank god the fishing was hot when I took them, helped my freezer a lot! I'll probably see you down at the park this weekend.

Hey Ed, I can relate. Mine are now 15 and 17, so mom is always game for getting away from them.

Hope to see ya at the park, wether you get in on it or not. Stop by and say hey! Thanks for the continuing reports. So glad to see the temps are gonna be in the 70's instead of the 80's-90's.

:)