Niagara River

Mike

Just a little info on what you can expect when fishing the Niagara River.

July through August:

Bass fishing at its best - we drift and cast sections of the Niagara River and the shore line with moderate-light tackle. Most often large numbers of fish in the 2-3 lb. range are caught with some trophies exceeding 5 lbs. Walleye can be targeted during this time. Fish in the 5 to 10 lb. range are normal.

September through October:

King Salmon move up the river for their spawning run. We fish for these giants up in the well known Devil's Hole area. This is hands on drift fishing using the mid-heavy tackle. (20 to 30 lbs. of pure excitement!)

November through Late Winter:

Spectacular Steelhead make their presence, offering some real excitement. We gear down to medium action rods with 10 lb. test to do battle with these speedsters. Brown and Lake Trout also share the river at this time. Late winter the Niagara Bar lights up often producing large numbers of Lake Trout with a mix of Brown Trout.

The Niagara river is probably my favorite fishing area.. I usually walk down to my favorite holes..

I have hooked many a 20lb+ chinook in the whirlpool, these babys usually take 30 to 45 minutes to land