"Storm Princess" trolling Swedish waters

Nucleus

Yes and the other one shut off, in gear and still in the water.

Very nice boat by the way! And that is an AWESOME FISH!

My question is:

I have twin outboards as well, when trolling I am only running one motor. I leave the one that is turned off down and in neutral. Any harm in doing this? I see you are a mechanic, and you leave your off motor in gear. Is that just to slow you down? or is this the a better on the outboard?

I can dial my troll control down to 1 mph on one motor if I had to, so speed is not a problem. I am wondering which way is more mechanically sound, or if either way is acceptable.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
SWEET ride.

I notice that you have riggers mostly. Do you ever fish with planner boards or outriggers? Planner boarding got really popular on the great lakes over the last few years and I wonder if it would produce over there.

Hello Mark!

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, been too busy to be active on fishing forums, I guess you know how it is with a short summer period and loads of work to do on house, vacation house etcetera.Now I am finish replacing the roof of my vacation house, renovate living room, two bedrooms and the kitchen (And someone said that fishing is expensive, stay away from owning a house then).

Yes we do use planerboards, inline planerboards, dipsies and downriggers.

We do not use, copper, wire and lead core maybe in the future.

A normal spread on the Baltic sea can look like this, up to ten rods on the big planers, set from surface and down with mini disks, jeg divers, lead sinkers.

2 to 4 rods running dipsy or slide divers and up to 8 rods on the downriggers.

On a nice day with calm weather I run up to 20 rods, the more wind and waves the less rods I use( I´ve had my share of monster tangles LOL).

On a really good day we may get up to 5-7 salmons, but the average is closer to one salmon, this is in the summer or autumn when we are targeting feeding salmon. Fishing in the spring targeting salmon or their way to the rivers for spawning the average catch is one salmon on 150 hrs of fishing, but on the other side, that one salmon may as well weigh up to 60lb.......

Well worth waiting for :-)

/Kjell