always upgrading

Need to find out best option for up grade of electronics, I have 05 depth finder,and 05 fish finder. both units are Lowrance. I would like a radar, and a fish-depth finder. 2 units for recreational fishing of lake michigan. I run a 22 foot center console. I don't want to go to far over board, but I need to rely on my equipment.

Are you looking for a large, multi-display unit? How big do you want it to be? How much do you want to spend? If you figure these things out it will give you a head start. Also, I don't know if you like your Lowrance products or not, but I have heard some horror stories about their customer service. I have Garmin and have been very happy. I also know that Raymarine and Furuno make good products. Here's a link for a good deal on a Raymarine unit w/ and 8.4" display.

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/319883252.htm?bct=t13046503%3Bcigps-electronics%3Bcigps-chartplotter%3Bcigps-sounder-combo

Here's another site that usually has pretty good deals:

http://www.marinewiz.com/GPS_Chart_Plotter_Fishfinder_s/3.htm

If you keep an eye on them sometimes you can find a good deal on items that are discontinued. Especially if companies are coming out with new models. Also, you might want to think about a thru-hull transducer. They seem to pick up more detail when you are on plane. Good luck, just say somethin if you need any more help.

Welcome to the site Carl!

If you keep an eye on them sometimes you can find a good deal on items that are discontinued. Especially if companies are coming out with new models.

I picked up a discontinued unit 2 years ago, at just over half price. :thumb:

Hey Nick sorry soo vage, I looked a Bass Pro and picked out the middle in screen size. I currently have the smallest screen and I hate it. The units are cut in to the fiberglass, not a big deal and the radar would serve as back if visiblity turns. Also I,m needing accurate mph for trolling. Hope this helps

I am assuming you were looking at the Lowrance LCX-38C in Bass Pro. That is an 8.4" screen. That would be an adequate size for a multi-display. Mike (GLF) has an LCX-111 (I believe) that was the predecessor for the LCX-113 shown on the same page. This is a 10.4" screen that is very nice. I have 2 seperate units. They are both 5" screens. I would not go smaller than that. They are easily viewable from quite a distance. Now you just have to figure out a budget and I am sure that people would have some suggestions. The websites that I linked also sell radar. You just have to make sure the display you bought is capable of displaying a radar image.