Muskegon 11/23 Whitefish

Met Jay and his friends about 9:45pm by the Coast guard station set up next to Jay and began catching fish had landed 6 or 7 when I got one legal actually in the mouth not just the right end of the fish. We had caugth a lot of fish when the crowd thinned out and we moved down in front of the station. My luck changed there I got a few more fish but Jay really got into em probably outfished me by close to 3 to one after we moved and the keepers were piling up in the cooler. I snagged bad on the bottom and stepped back a few feet to straight pull and break the line or get it loose and in the dark did not see the tip section of my rod slide down the line into the water. So there I stand with just the back half of my rod grabbed my flashlight and looked to see if I could see the tip and fish it back out nope it was gone. So I went and rigged my spare rod and started fishing again I got a couple fish right away including another one hooked in the mouth but the hooks were on the outside of the mouth so after thinking it over back it went. Then Jay tries to haul one up without the net and broke his rod tip off but he kept on fishing with it anyhow. I ended up with close to 15 fish caught and a couple keepers lost one Kastmaster and half of my fishing pole. At least it was one of my cheaper poles just a 59 dollar Walmart Trophy Tamer 10 1/2 foot rod so if any one catchs the front and does not feel like giving it back I will sell you the back half. The cooler was close to full last time I looked in it so they will be busy cleaning fish in the morning. The 4 guys next to us took home a big bag full I think they said they had 24 of em legal caught so the fishing is still fairly good and tons of fun. I left about 1:30 and Jay was getting ready to give up when I left. Another great night on the pier everyone had a great time and the only damage was lost fishing gear. I had a great time.

Tight Lines

Jim

Glad to hear it Mike gonna play around with a couple ideas this week will let you guys know how they work and if you can grab me a couple of them spoons. I looked around a couple places and can't find any over here. How did Jay do with his Buckshot glow and broken rod?

Tight Lines

Jim

Glad to hear it Mike gonna play around with a couple ideas this week will let you guys know how they work and if you can grab me a couple of them spoons. I looked around a couple places and can't find any over here. How did Jay do with his Buckshot glow and broken rod?

Tight Lines

Jim

not worth crap