whitefish tonight

I cruised over for a bit but nearly no wind here at the house did not dress warm enough for the wind also got there too late. Too cold by Coast Guard Station so did not even fish there was down by the sub for a little bit but every one was leaving as the bite had stopped for a while. Will dress warmer and try again tommorrow night but will be much earlier. Gonna try and get there before dark.

Tight Lines

Jim

this may be a dumb question , but here it gos

ive been wanting to fish for whites for a while and dont now what to use, ive heard of people using spoons and bait, such as single egg spawn or wax worms

what type of spoons do you use, ive heard of using hopkins spoons and pimples and kastmasters , also is it a cast and retrive or cast and jig

and for bait fishing how do you rigg and what type of line do ya run

any info will be appreciated

thanks

Hey Terry,

There is an article on rigging for bait in the new Woods-N-Waters. It details the whole setup. I won't be able to go out tomorrow, I have too much homework. I might head over early saturday or sunday, like 3 am. If not I am thinking wednesday morning.

Nick

i wil tell ya what i use terrry and if u like we can go somtime

what i used yesterday

3/4 oz gold kastmaster on 30lb power pro.

i have on hand for use 1 oz silver Hopkins (because no one has gold) and silver Kastmaster spoon... i will be going to gander tonight to get some glow buckshot lures and some Swedish pimples in 3/4 oz

why 30lb u say? because when u snag a fish ( and it will happen) it is so much easier to hoist them onto the pier without losing your 5$ spoon! lol ( i don;t have a long net so i just pull them up) i have never fished bait before but from what i have read/just thought about was

6lb main with a glow in the dark slip bobber.... use an ice fishing depth finder to find bottom set your bait 6" to 1' above bottom i have allot for ice tear drops they say glow is the ticket.... i plan on trying the smallest size of Swedish pimple i use for specs and gills though the ice.... put 2-3 wax worms on hooked by the nose (that is the way to do it i guess not threaded but by the nose) and cast about 10-20 ft from the pier ... now if i can figger out a away to do that and jig my spoons i will be set!

I am heading over tommorrow night Jay planning on a early start want to get there about 4:30 pm. I will dress warmer but I don't really like to fish by myself so did not stick around long last night. I have a long handle net so I use 8lb Maxima same setup I Steelhead fish with in the river and piers just use the Kastmaster spoons. I have yet to catch a legal Whitefish sure would like to actually see the lure in ones mouth.

I am heading over tommorrow night Jay planning on a early start want to get there about 4:30 pm. I will dress warmer but I don't really like to fish by myself so did not stick around long last night. I have a long handle net so I use 8lb Maxima same setup I Steelhead fish with in the river and piers just use the Kastmaster spoons. I have yet to catch a legal Whitefish sure would like to actually see the lure in ones mouth.

i got your number saved! iam 100% coming but i have to pick my wife up at 6pm so i wont be there till 730ish....