Lake Ontario Trip

Fall brings a much more even distribution of Kings along the south shore than Spring fishing. The LOC runs spring & Fall derbies every year. In '05, 15 of 21 "money" salmon came from the East End including the Grand Prize winner. {East end meaning Fair Haven, Oswego, Mexico bay, Sandy Ponds area & the Salmon River (wonder why they call it that??)} In '04, 18 of the 21 came from East End again with the GP. In '03, 12 of the 21 again came from the East but this time the GP came from the West. (Olcott) Fall fishing is very competitive (weight wise) between the regions. West represented by Niagara River, Olcott, Wilson, Pt breeze/Oak Orchard. Central represented by Hamlin, Braddocks, Rochester, I-Bay, Webster, Sodus.

Interestingly - historically (since the 70's) more people fish the east end in the Fall.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

If you're thinking of crossing over to the north shore two of the best spots for staging Kings are Port Credit & Bronte. Both have good numbers of fish & good sizes. The Scotty Tournament runs out of Port Credit the first weekend in September & the Great Ontario Salmon Derby's on from 8th July until the end of August. Could be worth coming across that border.

• 4 weeks later...
if you need a ride on the lake let me know!

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately our other house has not sold. I was hoping it would have sold so I could afford the trip. I will not be able to swing a trip this year :(