Ice??????

It is rather cold here this morning around 28*. Picked up the dogs water bowl outside, and there was a layer of ice on it. Now last year we were on the ice the earliest I have ever been, December 5th. Any predictions for this year??????

I guess that would depend on your prefered fishing spots. I remember fishing on the close to shore ice during my life just before thanksgiving and in the cuts, rivers, lagoons, ditches and pot holes when the Great Lakes were much higher for both pike and perch. And we got some dandys during that first ice on those spots. I don't do that much any more, so the safe ice I'll be looking for will have to be in 14 to 22 FOW out on the Saginaw Bay. And I'll be happy (and surprised) if that happens by January 1st. :grin:

I too will be happy if that happens by the 1st. We were at palmer rd last december 5th. We only went out to about 5fow, it was cool, you could see right through the ice to the bottom. Did see a few fish on the move, but also saw a lot of dead ones on the bottom too. Looked like sucker, a few perch and a few walleye.