Muskegon 10/3 and 10/4

Ok my last weekend was not my best we went out Fri night and did harbor patrol as we had the lake pretty much to ourselves and we marked a lot of big fish when we started into the channel . So about a 100 yds into the channel we swung around went back in and setup we made several passes thru the channel also fished outside north and south out to 50ft. Well we got a huge Sheephead called it quits at dark so I would be ready to go out this morn. Got up this morn and my brother could not make it so was just my nephew and me and cold as heck so we waited for the sun to come up and clear the frost off the boat windsheild. We headed out around 9 am ran south to the net and set up headed north in 40ft nothing at 10:30 we pulled lines and ran SW to 120ft and started a NW troll to around 150 then we started a east west pattern and worked between 120 and 180 nadda around 12:30 we started back in. Marked a few decent fish in 40 to 50 ft out front so worked them for a couple hours in and out north and south no takers. Cold water is in but I think the fish ran up allready heard a couple guys out in 270 getting a few fish but did not waste the gas running out. After a full day on the water with only 2 knock offs we trolled back up the channel about 3:30 and called it a day.

Surface temps ranged from 60 deg in front in the mud to 46 in 55ft in clean water. So the last week brought us some real cold water but did not hear one report of a mature fish taken in last 2 days. Well that concludes my season on the big lake had a decent year hope you all did as well. Perhaps we'll meet on the river Steelhead fishing.

Tight Lines

Jim

At least you were able to get out. It's always good to look back on a successful season. I was out, with three friends, perch jerking today. We were talking about the great year we had, and was already thinking Spring.:) Our boats will stay ready up to the first of the year. Ya neva know when a window of opportunity will pop open. I will be after some whitefish, off the Tawas Pier, in another 4 to 6 weeks. Where did this Summer go??? I fished more this year than ever before.