Looking for a little help. The lady and I are going to head up to Tawas for some fun on Saturday. Hoping to do some fishing, but have never been out from Tawas before. Walleye??? Salmon?? Steelhead?? Brown trout? Just looking for a little info.

Hey Jason, Roger here. Met you at AuGres Stinger walleye tourney. Here's some info from Iosco News.

"A few kings and lots of lake trout are biting in about 90-100 feet of water on Lake Huron. Dave of Hawg’s Bait and Tackle said perch fishing has slowed right down at the Tawas State Dock. Some walleye have moved into the bay, most of which are being caught in 17 feet of water trolling crawler harnesses."

Roger here again. I know a few years ago fishing used to be good for salmon and lakers off Ausable Point in 100-120 fow. For walleye, I think they get some around artificial reef which is somewhere between State dock and Jerrys Marina. Hope this helps.

BTW Priority 1 is salmon slammin in Manistee right now. Would have gone w/ him but had other things happening.

You gonna be in Tawas over Labor Day weekend? If so and you need a rider, give me a shout. I'll be at my cottage up by Harrisville for the weekend.

Thanks Rogerh69, my wife and I will be in town for Saturday night and part of the day on Sunday. Grandma will be taking care of the little one so I thought a night away is in order. Now if I can put a few fish on the end of the lines and the weather is nice, should be a recipe for a great day.

Great day to be on the water. No one out other than myself and a few others this morning. Started out in 21fow on the north side of the bay. Marked fish all over the place, just couldn't get anything to go. Tried in that area for a while, and finally decided to go out past the point and look for something else.

Didn't take long and we finally had a release. 3 color leadcore Stinger scorpion chicken wing, hottest overall spoon of the year for me, over 42fow and my wife reeled in a nice steelhead. Worked out a little further in hopes of more steel. Had another release, another good one, only to get to the back and find a healthy catfish, which came on the 4 color leadcore Northport nailer prototype bronze color w/a green eye. Made a turn back around, put down some riggers and a dipsy out. Went back over where we caught that steelhead and had 2 more releases, one more catfish and finally something that I believe was a walleye before it came undone. 3/4 for the day, weather was perfect. Will post a pic of the steelhead later.

Oh ya, skeeterdone, thanks for the help.....

Good luck Frank. Talked with one of the guys at my marina, they've been going for perch. Today not so good, yesterday OK. Not setting any world records but getting a few.

• 2 weeks later...