8-17-08 Gulp Nippers.

Had one heck of a plan today. The brother took the day off and we formulated a trolling plan to help each other out. We would start NW of the Black Hole while staying parallel with the 2nd and 3rd ledges/drop-offs along Pinconning and Saganing bars. Brother Dave would stay in 12 to 14 fow and I would stay in 18 to 21 FOW and we would troll within sight of each other and stay in Cell phone communication. I hit pay dirt first with a single fish on an eyeliminator and Capt. Dan spoon harness, both purple in color. Then a long dry spell and Dave worked his way into 16/17 FOW. I finally hit a spot that was full of fish, high and low. Bang we hit a double, both on Rattle Tot's and sliders. Unfortunately, we got lines tangled on the way in and we lost both fish right behind the boat. Spun back around and hit a 4 pounder. Then it started. We had at least 10 rips on the Eyeliminators and #8 Tommy Harris thumpers. I'd reel in, and the tip of the Gulp would be gone. I mean they would rip the rubber bands out of the releases like a salmon might, and nothing. The picture shows 3, but we ended the day with 6 fish in the box. Oh ya, brother dave got notta.

IM001741.jpg