Au Gres 8/3 Slow Goin'

Need I say more? Started a little later than anticipated, around 8:30 lines were being set. Working on the 4th line and they started to go. 1st one was on 4 colors with Stinger Scorpion OPS, I thought surely it would have been chicken wing. Played this game for a while and had 3 in the box in no time. With that said, thought we would get our 20 for the day. Started working the same stretch of water picking a few up each time through. Then someone hit the switch and it was it for the day, 7 with one sheepshead.

I have noticed something wierd happening on my boat. 2 weeks in a row now 85% of our fish have come on the starboard side of the boat:confused:. I had been running lead on this side of the boat, well I increased my leadcore so I could run the same amount of lead on each side, 3 per side, thinking that since the leadcore has been going so good for me to use more. 3,4, & 5 color with spoons by Stinger & Northport Nailer have been taking fish consistently for me, today the 4 color seemed to be taking the most. Flat day out there....

On another note, the bay still remains to be a large body of water with plenty of room for a lot of boats. I scratch my head again today when some knucklehead in a lund comes off plane right in front of me. Close enough that he heard me yelling out my window to get a clue, maybe not said that nicely. If that isn't bad enough this idiot starts setting lines while the 2 boneheads with him just watch, and guess what???? Nobody is driving or paying any attention to where they are headed. Which by the way was right for us. I am laying on the horn, yelling loudly and he finally looks up and takes the wheel. Again I know I don't own the water, but with moves like that today don't be surprised when you land your boat and there are four of us dockside ready to go:angry2:

Hey, nice job out there. Ill tell ya, they had me scratching my head for a bit today as well. I heard it was tough for allot of folks. For us our problems lied with boats, and no fish. So, we just kept moving until we found some decent numbers of fish. Once we did, it was on!

Now as far as the "tourists" are concenred, i can definitely relate....It can be frustrating out there to say the least. It never siezes to amaze me what some people do out there. Just like the guys that cut in front of your bow when everyone is trolilng one direction and expect you and everyone else to move out of their way... they give ya a look like..."What?":confused:......argh!!!:no::angry2:...Thats the time when i wish i had out my 42" 1x10 big boards!:grin:

Nice job Jason. We see the same thing salmon fishing. I remember a trip last year in October. There was one other boat and myself out there. I passed this boat on the way out, and put at least 1/2 mile between us. The next thing I know, this boat is beside us setting up and cutting us off. I spun the boat around and head the opposite direction to get away from it. Next thing I know, he is beside us again. I picked up a couple of fish and spun the boat back around to go through the area again. He spun his boat around and was on my gps lines. One HUGE lake, 2 boats, and I am getting crowded. :mad:

Way to go Jason. You know you try to stay away from the pack and next thing you you are the pack. That guy had no right to put you guys in that kind of situation. A little consideration and respect for being there first goes a long way. Heck we've fished together and I would never fish that close to you or any one for that matter. My favorite line "Stay outside the Pack" which is not always easy.

Tom