Muskegon 8- 2- 08 am

Out this morn with my youngest brother and went 3 for 11found out my brother can't catch fish. Actually was mostly knock off's but had to give him some crap. Caught on fish on a Moonglow Jacksmelt 50 dn in 85FOW straight out had 6 other knock off's on the riggers then they went dead. Rest of morn was all fly bite second fish was on a dipsey 150 bk in 90 ft blue killer spinner with a blue hyponist fly. While my brother was fighting that one second dipsey went off 160 bk glow coyote spinner with Siggs gold mirage fly my wife got that one. Reset the poles and the Siggs pole went off again my turn grabed the rod and had a screamer started working it in when it made another run and the cheap snubber let go sending the fish and my fav fly combo on their way. Had a couple more hit and spit the flies trolled back around for a bit but bite was gone so headed in at 8:30 so my brother could get home. Darn good day could use less miss's but still beats not finding fish at least we kept busy. Will be back out this evening and see if they are still hungry.

Tight Lines

Jim

Great report Jim. The one charter I went on, the captain sharpened the hooks after every fish. Even brand new hooks can use a little filling. A few years back we where having issues with loosing fish from the riggers. A charter captain told me to switch to the Blacks Releases. It has helped our hook up ratio a bunch.

I try to sharpen all of my hooks before I go out. My last trip I did not get a chance to sharpen them and it showed.

Jim,

I am heading up to the boat tonight and should be there by 7pm. The boat is at Bluffton Bay Marina. I may have an extra gold mirage fly on the boat. I will check when I get up there.

Give me a call if you are interested in it.

Mike

269-207-8024

p.s. I will be out in the morning.