Only fished...

....a few hours this morning. We started in tight again. As soon as we set up we got a double on the starboard side. We ended up losing both fish, one of which was a dandy. Id guess it to be 27-28"...nice fish.:angry2::lol: After that and battling the little bit of a roll from yestedays wind, we pulled lines, ran up and got a better angle on things. After setting up we trolled right down the same line as the day prior and didnt touch a fish until we got all the way to the south end of it. Hit another double, this time a cat and nice 4# eye. We reset, got another eye, another cat...then another eye.:lol: Then things slowed down again. We kept working the weed edges trying to make things work, but they just wouldnt go. I think the water was just too clear and too flat in there, so we made a decision to move out to deeper water to try and get our limit. So, we ran out to 21', set down and there were fish on the graph. They were tight on bottom for the most part, with a few up around 17-18' down. We set 1 oz inlines at 35-45 back on my side and Dad ran 7/8 oz. Pygmies on his side 48-55' back. It wasnt long and we hit a double, then two singles bringing our total to 7. We turned the boat around and headed back down our line. We had a couple more rips and a few more hook ups, but lost those. By the time that run was over it was time to go in. So, we headed in with our 7.

Heres a pic of the double we had once we moved to the deep water. I got my board to the boat first, so i took it off, got the fish in and netted it myself. Just as i set my rod down Dad had his to the boat, so i just scooped it up instead of scurrying for the other net. Thats how ya double down!

7-28-08003.jpg

7-28-08005.jpg