Jump to content

littleboat

Members
  • Posts

    1,126
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by littleboat

  1. Good question, my wife always asks me the same thing. I enjoy different types of fishing. Alot of times (jigging etc ) the launches are too small or too shallow for a larger boat and jigging off a larger boat is much more difficult. I can can do rivers and small lakes etc when I do my walleye thing. Hence the "litteboat". This past summer I had to cut my fishing short many times and stay closer to shore because of the waves especially when it turned to chop. The larger boat lets me go the distance 200+ fow and feel safer. Now I can fish on more days under conditions that my littleboat would be borderline. It's a safety issue mainly as opposed to pushing the limits of a smaller vessel.
  2. Thanks, the autopilot is a Raymarine EV-100 with a hydraulic pump since I have hydraulic steering on this boat (this boat is a 2102 Trophy with two 4 stroke motors). My "Littleboat " is mechanically steered so I have a Raymarine Sportpilot on it. The littleboat is a 16 1/2 ft Crestliner Sport Angler. On this new autopilot, I bought the autopilot, had the hydraulic hoses made up for the length I needed and installed the system myself.
  3. FYI. 2 of the 3 ramps have been pulled out of the waterat each location. Took my new/used boat out for a spin before I winterize it. Just installed a autopilot and ezsteer system. Trolled a little bit for some walleye. Wife and I enjoyed a couple hours on the lake
  4. I just picked up a 2012 trophy boat. It is a 2102 with an 150 mercury cruiser 4stroke. I'm adding a autopilot to it. The boat has a seastar cylinder for the ram and helm pump. It has red fluid for the hydraulic steering fluid. I see that seastar has a yellow fluid for their systems. Mercruiser uses a red fluid. Are they both the same just different colors? The boat manual doesn't indicate the fluid since it is OB. Can I mix the two, since I will be adding and bleeding the system? Are they others out there that have figured out that have been in a similar situation?
  5. How was the wave action out there? Temperature same as databouy top to bottom?
  6. What were the times of the catch?
  7. Beautiful pictures, I remember the boat.
  8. Caught a channel salmon today looked more stubby then I thought. I was jigging down the channel while my efforts to pull hard baits, spoons, flys and plugs failed. He broke my hook. I used a 1/2 oz jig (way too heavy) and a plastic minnow (frosted pepper). Waves were breaking over the pier occasionally. Heard 1 salmon caught in 90' and another. On the radio.
  9. The squeaky wheels are rolling.
  10. Just heard back from Rollie. DNR approved new light. Consumers has the work order to install on post nearest the launch and it is on their schedule. Let's hope they are night/early morning fisherman too. Maybe they will surprise us and even install it on a new post even in a better position?
  11. Good job kids! Good thing you took the old man with you so he could have one too.
  12. It was great, we gotta to it again! 3 for 5, what were the others? Salmon also?
  13. I also called and got a reference for a Roullie Johnson. Who puts in the $ request for that particular launch site. I left him a message to call me back so we can get a light installed/fixed there. I thought I saw some sort of nearby tall pole that would have the possibility of mounting a new light? I'll see what happens with all this as the clock turns.
  14. Fished (80-110) north of the port, from 5:30-7:30 am, then it got too rough for the "Littleboat ". 0/3 this morning, south troll 2.3 sog at ball, all on the same combination of poofster glow fly, 8" pearl sd on a wire diver set 3 at 110 bk before the last hit took it, but at least I got the dipsy. Nothing on plugs or meat. Waves turned into 3-4 ft chop. All of the fish were able to shake the hook before I could pull in the slack??? Yet they when they hit, it just about pulled the pole out of its holder. Port sheldon is quite dark making it difficult to launch. They definitely need some lighting.
  15. What were the times of the bite?
  16. Any lights by the launch coming in?
  17. Did you bounce the spin and glows for the lakers? Nice catch for the night.
  18. Nice catch. I wish solo all the time. Alot tougher with that three rod presentation. When my wife joins me and I have a six rod presentation, it's like CHRISTMAS! Until then it's like a bunch of single packages or the door bell is rung and no one is there?
  19. Yes, I fish solo all the time. So I do pretty good with just 3 rods!
  20. Fished 12-5pm, hoping fog would give me a better edge. 1 for 1, 15.15# king, 110 fow, 75 down on DR, green dotted sd, with uv green meat rig, 100ft back, se troll, 2.5 sog, 47.5 at ball. No hits on plugs,spoons,or flies.
  21. What hours did you fish and what were the times of the bite?
  22. Where did you launch out of saugatuck?
×
×
  • Create New...