Tuesday was another awesome sunrise and the seas were flat again. I made the decision to head a little east out of the chute and we set up in 100 fow. The screen was filled with fish from 85' out to 115'. So I set the 5 rod setup with 2 riggers, 2 wire dipseys and a Thumper rod. We missed the first hit on a Green pro troll/ GBP ATTOMIK om the dipsey set at 160. The next 2 fish were little guys, one hit the Howitzer and one hit the Fishlander Glow Froggy mupp rig down 69'.Set up the rods again abd the Fishlander lite up again this time with an 18lber. It continued like this for our entire stay on the water which ended way to early. We pulled the plug on the trip at 1045 am since I had some family obligations to attend to at home. The final count for a little over 3 hours fishing was 12 for 17. All of these fish came in the 85-115 fow area, it was nice to have the boats leave the area and the fish continued to hammer our offerings. The biggest fish tipped the scale at a hair over 22lbs again. All the fish were released to fight another day, so maybe that 22lber will be close to 35lbs by the fall loc.

All in all we had an awesome trip, my cousin is no longer a virgin to the Spring kings of the western basin. He has already reserved his spot for the trip next year.

Our best riggs for the trip :

Wire: Howizter rig out 30' on a #3 setting, this took alot of fish, and what a blast to watch that rig get hammered. I missed what I think was a big Steelie on this rig on Friday. I saw the fish and it was in the 15lb class, wish I could have put a net under it. The pro troll Green on Green with the ATOMMIK packer fly was consistant for us also.

Riggers: Ealy morning was the Fishlander Glow Froggy mupp rig down 69'. Also thye White on White SPin Dr with a white ATOMMIK fly and a free sliding stinger Orange/gold spoon, with the rig set at 40' down. As the sun came up the Kevorkian glow spook mupp rig took over for the spoons. Then when the sun really got up it was the Fuzzy Bear Blue Dolphin mupp rig down 69', and the stinger was changed to a NK Orange Crush slider.

Thumper rig only had a LJ Trash Can with a green strip and a Green ATOMMIK fly on it the 2 days I got to run it. This was the first time I ever ran a Thumper so it was nice to see it work and watch it fire.

I will have more pics when I get dad's digital movie camera and get some stills off from it.

Here are a few from the our last morning:

100_0688.jpg

100_0690.jpg

100_0692.jpg

100_0696.jpg

Andhere is the last fish to come aboard, he might be big but he fought like he was big.

100_0698.jpg

Afterit was all over our final count was 45 for 58.

Hope everyone likes the report, sorry it was so long, but it is hard to get everything down that happens when the fishing is so good.

Good Luck guys.

Rich

It is the same thing as a super ball rig. You can use wire or braid, attached to 3 way swizel or trolling rudder with a dodger and fly behind it 6-8 feet. You can tell how fats your trolling speed is at depth with using a down temp/speed unit. It was the first time I used, so it was great to see it fire, esp when it is part of a double. This rig works great for lakers on the bottom and will produce your biggest fish most consistantly. Good Luck, hope to get out this weekend.

Rich