2008 Lake Huron Stinger Challenge Results

GLF

What a beautiful day on Saginaw Bay. It was a little bumpy in the A.M., but for the most part....it was a GREAT day to be on the water.

I waited at the Au Gres City Park until 5:40 waiting for the last 2 teams to show up. They never showed, so there was only 7 teams that fished.

Anglers were all given the exact same lure package when they checked in, in the morning. They were allowed to change hooks and install live bait rigs.

lures.jpg

Teams were allowed to weigh in 5 fish, and were given 10 bonus points for each fish.

The big fish on the event was caught by team chuck. It tipped the scales at 6.60lbs. This beat the second biggest fish by .05lbs. :eek:

chuck.jpg

Priority1 finished 1st with 66pts.

Priority1_213671.jpg

Toolman finished 2nd with 60.45pts.

toolman.jpg

JWheeler finished 3rd with 60.15pts

jwheeler.jpg

Tripanic finished 4th with 58.85pts.

tripanic.jpg

Chuck finished 5th with 38.95pts.

chuck.jpg

Tltorrice finished 6th with 23.2pts.

tltorrice_752284.jpg

Walleyealx was late checking in and not allowed to weigh in.

A BIG thanks goes out to Michigan Stinger for providing a Great lure package at a Great price!

I also need to thank Priority1, his wife Jeneice, BigJack, and Jason Wheeler for bringing food and drinks to the event for everyone.

weighin.jpg

I have the original photos, if anyone needs them.

yeah... that stunk. I read the rules a bunch of times and all I remembered was seeing the weigh-in time of 1:30 (somehow i missed the check-in time that was a line above the weigh in time....:( ), so when some of our electronics died around 10:30, i assumed we would have enough time to get back on our electric motor (which was still fine). We were in the park at 1:15 tying our boat up.

oh well... Here's our pics anyways!

25zt214.jpg

1tpweg.jpg

It was a beautiful day on the water, with a great crew, and two little guys name Hunter and Wyatt. A BIG thanks to Big Jack, rogerh69, and GLF. We did have one glitch, that GLF fixed in a heck of a big hurry. Our main line on our starboard drift bag broke, and the bag wrapped up in the prop. We removed the cooler and Mike H. got out on the swim platform, and saved the day. TY Mike. We were almost through fishing and finished up with just the port bag. I run just one bag a lot of the time. If it's a little rough I run two bags to stabilize the boat and of course slow us down. I now have some swivel hardware for the bags, and will increase the diameter of the mainlines on the bags. We ran the same program I was posting for a couple of weeks. We never switched a bait, and boated well over 20 Keepers. Saginaw Bay has a FANTASTIC walleye fishery. I got a good nights sleep last night. The last few days started at 3-4AM and I didn't get to bed any earlier that 11:30PM. A HUGE TY to Michigan Stinger and GLF for a great tournament. It's always a good time with the guys from this site.

Thanks for the good time. Myself and the crew had a blast. Not only was it fun to fish the tournament, but the fishing was on fire. Little bumpy on the way out Saturday morning, but well worth it at the end of the day.

Mi Stinger spoons worked awesome. All of the spoons in the lure package caught fish for us. Went back out Sunday morning, much rougher than Saturday. About 1/2 way out we realized we forgot the crawlers. So we put down the arsenal of Stinger spoons. We caught a 2 man limit in a little less than an hour. Thought about turning around but with the high seas we opted to head in.

Thanks for putting this venue together. It was nice to meet you other members. Can't wait to do it again next year.....

yeah... that stunk. I read the rules a bunch of times and all I remembered was seeing the weigh-in time of 1:30 (somehow i missed the check-in time that was a line above the weigh in time....:( ), so when some of our electronics died around 10:30, i assumed we would have enough time to get back on our electric motor (which was still fine). We were in the park at 1:15 tying our boat up.

oh well... Here's our pics anyways!

25zt214.jpg

1tpweg.jpg

Nice catch Alex! Sorry I could not allow you to weigh in.

Sorry you missed the weigh in Alex. You had a nice catch.

A few years back we won a small tournament in Harbor Beach. We just made the cut off by 3 minutes. A friend who made a long run along with us missed it by about 5 minutes. It's the pits when it happens to you.

Sorry you missed the weigh in Alex. You had a nice catch.

A few years back we won a small tournament in Harbor Beach. We just made the cut off by 3 minutes. A friend who made a long run along with us missed it by about 5 minutes. It's the pits when it happens to you.

yeah, it's alright. At least we had fun!

I need to give out one more word of thanks. Thanks Walleye Express for picking out a great selection of colors!

Darn right they were good colors. We set up and never switched a lure.:) Dan always has good information.:)