Thursday Hog Hunt

We stayed on shore Thursday morning, but decided to make a late afternoon run. I was trying some new waters in search of some HOGS. We were swinging for the bleachers, but only managed some solid base hits. We used our usual, Purple, Chartreuse, Glow Tiger, and Orange harnesses. We had more throw backs than our usual runs, but managed 12 nice Walleye. We fished shallow and deep in search of that elusive HOG. I had my good friend and fishing bud Joe A. here for three nights, and two days of fishing. Joe and I fished from Grindstone City to Rogers City and a few Lake Michigan ports. It was a great pleasure, to have him help on the back of the Priority1.:) TYVM Joe. Joe did all the S.S. and Aluminum welding on my custom rod holders and downrigger board. I helped him cut and fit his rod holders.

In addition to to my extremely busy fishing schedule, we had a couple of curve balls thrown at us. My helm pedestal seat broke so we had to take it to Standish to have it welded. We checked the other pedestal but didn't notice it was cracked also. So today the other one is getting welded. Jim's Prop Shop in Standish gets two thumbs up, for prompt, reasonably priced, and reliable service. Jim also added 4 gussets to the pedestals to make them stronger than original. The cost was $20 per pedestal. Check your pedestals for cracks, especially on older rigs. There is a lot of leverage from the seat to the floor, and big waves just add to the constant movement.

Good Luck to all in the Stinger Tournament Tomorrow.:)

Thanks for the tip on the seat pedestals. Some of the things like that are easy to miss when maintaining the rest of the boat.

Despite the issues, that sounds like a great couple days to me! I'd spend a few days like that any time.

You would be welcome anytime.:)