Looking for a place to fish

I live in about the center of the state so no matter where I go, its a long ride @ $3.00/gal. Next weekend, 5/19 - 5/20, I'd like to load up the camper and stay the night some where.Depending on the weather. I just need to find a place to do it. I'd like to go to lake michigan and stay some place where I wouldn't have to load and unload the boat but I know that is limited. I've stayed at insta-launch in manistee. So thats an idea. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Somewhere close to lots of fish would be nice to. :)

Thanks for the info GLF. A couple weeks ago was the first time I ever fished at muskegon. The wife and I blew the day off work and went fishing there. I was going to stay at the state park there but the fishermans landing would be a lot better and cheaper. I was checking the dnr website last night and the price of staying at state parks is ridiculous(spl?). There getting so the young family couldn't afford it. I also read there getting internet access at some campgrounds - now thats camping :eek: . Thanks again. Just hope the weather turns around.

One