Saginaw Bay Linwood

We decided to fish the inner bay today. Our biggest fish was a 10# Cat. I thought I was into a nice walleye, because it didn't fight like a cat. We fished 12-18 FOW in my friends 17 footer. That 70 four stroke Johnson sure runs nice. Two trips with Jack's boat, and it only took 3.5 gal. to fill it up. We had a bag out to slow us down. 1.0 to 1.7 MPH. The morning was nice, but we could have used a little chop. We only managed 3 walleye and 2 cats. We fished out in front of Linwood Bay Marina. All the Walleye came on Purple crawler harnesses behind 2 oz inlines. I needed my bag of tricks that was on the Priority1. It was a good morning to be out there. It sounded like almost everyone was struggling. I do like fishing my own boat, where I can grab any number of tools. We were getting surface temps as high as 57. :) I'm almost certain we would have done better off the Callahan Reef. Next trip will probably be AuGres.:)

Nice! Bottom line is at least you were out there getting something wet!:D

I'll never forget my first time fishing Linwood. It wasn't too terribly long ago....

I put my 1973 16' with a 65 horse Evinrude in the water right after 200 boats went out for the Lind Classic.

A buddy of mine told me to go over there and pull some crawler harnesses around with bottom bouncers, so I did. Came back with a box of nice eyes, and continued to run back and forth for about a month.

Nice! Bottom line is at least you were out there getting something wet!:D

I'll never forget my first time fishing Linwood. It wasn't too terribly long ago....

I put my 1973 16' with a 65 horse Evinrude in the water right after 200 boats went out for the Lind Classic.

A buddy of mine told me to go over there and pull some crawler harnesses around with bottom bouncers, so I did. Came back with a box of nice eyes, and continued to run back and forth for about a month.

A few years back the bay was filled with Hogs. We would boat a couple of 8 pounders most every time out. We get an occasional big one, but most are just eaters. Luv the bay. Yesterday our Walleye were 20-1/2, 19-1/2, and 16 inches long. We never hooked an undersized one. I enjoy every minute I spend on the water. We needed a longer presentation. 2oz inlines was the only choice on the boat. Jack was set up for the 20 FOW or more out of AuGres. One thing we did do is modify Jack's Church Boards to run the Tattle flags. Church sells a kit for $20. We used the $15 Offshore Tattle flags that went on easily.