Priority1 Shakedown Cruise

Well I finally got the Priority1 wet today. My neighbor went along so I was limited to a 1-1/2 hr trip. Everything functioned properly. I did find one thing wrong. I installed my Port Bird Tree over my VHF antenna.:lol: When I got home it took me less than 5 minutes to rectify that.:lol: Just remove one bolt on the antenna mount and positioned the antenna on the outside of the Tree.

The mouth of the AuGres River was a zoo. I did manage to wiggle through the boats but I couldn't troll in that close, and I couldn't leave the channel. I did set 4 boards out in 10-13 FOW. I was just about to send the 3rd board out when the inside board on the Port side had a flag down. The board was just a dancing. I thought we were going to have a real good morning but the 9# LT was our only fish. The LT hit a 7 inch black and silver shallow diving no name minnow 40 ft back. A smaller boat would have been the ticket today. I don't like to run mine in less than 10 FOW. I set the shallow alarm at 9 FOW. I tried the 6 FOW before and all of a sudden I would find myself in 3 FOW, and that's not good. In 10 FOW even if you shallow up 5 or 6 feet you are not in trouble. Tight lines:) Oh!!! Surface temp was 45-46 degrees.

All's well that ends well, and a 9# LT to boot!!!!! Glad those trees are what you expected, trying to tell my BIL to get some for his boat, who knows maybe I need some for my boat....we'll find out this summer.....Thanks for the report.......