Electronics retrofit

Hello everyone, new to the forum. I started GL fishing last year with friends who bought a used boat. It came with an old LMS-350a along with a Fishhawk 840. The Fishhawk works great, but they wanted to upgrade the Sonar & GPS, so they ordered new Lowrance stuff - Globalmap 5200 C & X515c DF. What I lack in fishing knowledge I make up with mechanical aptitude helping them keep to boat in good working order, and I agreed to help install the new electronics. Does anybody have any specific do's or don'ts when doing this? Thanks.

although most transducer cables are sheilded make sure you DONOT run the cable in the wire harness with the other electronics wires if you do this may cause the display to pick up lots of electricial noise and display it on the screen as LOTS-o-CLUTTER, when you mount the transducer try to follow the directions closely and get the ducer in the smoothest as possible, if the water flow over the transducer has air bubbles in it or is turbulant, again youll get LOTS-o-CLUTTER, anoter thing try to get the ducer as far down in the water as possible, lastly when you ground the power cables do as the directions say and if your not happy with the results try directly grounding to the battery or if it is already grounded to the batt and your not happy try grounding to the engine ground or some ground strap...john