Big Thanks To Brek(Redeye)

GLF

I need to let out a shout and give Brek and big THANKS for all the help on the boat today!

We removed both of my outdrives, replaced the trim sensors, and are in the process of replacing the shift cables and bellows. We ran into a snafu replacing the shift cable. I need to make a "special" wrench to remove the shift cable from the outdrive.

The new alternator should be here this week. I will put that on when I go back to finish the outdrives.

It wont be long and someone will be yelling "FISH ON"!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I need to let out another big THANKS to Brek(Redeye) for helping on my boat today. Changing the bellows is no easy task. Especially if you do not have the proper tools. Changing them on twins is twice as much work. All of the bellows are on, the shift cables, and trim sensors are also changed. All of the hard work is done now.

If only I had remembered to bring the locktite.

Next time, the outdrives will be put on :D

Mike, glad to hear you got the cables changed, I ended up using a torch on mine, and had to melt the nut out of the aluminum housing.

The guy that had it prior to me had it all stripped out.

Big job out of the way. Been there done that last year. I had a hand when I did the cable but the gimbal bearing, senders, and bellows I did myself. Oh!! how did you like that top bolt on the grommet flange for the trim senders wires? Everything about them is tight quarters. It's always good to have that extra set of hands close by. The procedures have to be done in order, and when the job is under way it becomes apparent why it's done in that order. WTG Mike and Brek.:)

Oh!! how did you like that top bolt on the grommet flange for the trim senders wires? Everything about them is tight quarters.

Who in their right mind would have put that there??? :angry2: :angry2:

We practiced on my first gimbal assembly. We knew how to get it done when it came to the second assembly.

I have to pat you on the back Frank if you did yours all by yourself! Getting the bellows back on is no easy task!

Let me sum up my bellow changing experience. Every heard the term, 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag?

• 2 weeks later...

I took half a day off work today and worked on the boat. I remembered the locktite. Both of the outdrives are on! I still have to put the trim sensors on and hook the shift cables to the carbs.

I got side tracked and ran to the store and picked up new zinc anodes for the trim tabs and lower units. I also picked up new belts for the both engines.

Still to do:

Change oil and filters on both engines.

New plugs, wires, distributer caps, and rotors.

Install new zinc anodes on trim tabs and both lower units(I have to seperate the lower case because the screws to hold them in place are not there) :(

It will be ready before Spring!