Towel Racks

GLF

I built our house a couple of years ago. There are a few small things that are not finished. They say a house in never finished until you sell it. I never put in towel racks. We picked up some towel racks the other day, and I am about to install them. I am unsure on how far off the floor they normally are. How high from the floor are your towel racks? Is this a personal preference?

Mike, I do this for a living. It is personal preference. I put them where people tell me they like them. Also, I have found that the mounting hardware they send is usually not adequate. I like to use toggle bolts instead of the molly's they send. Especially with the young ones tugging on that thing. I have been back to replace the screws with toggle bolts on more than one job, it's just better and more stout with the toggle bolts. Do it right once, and you won't have to deal with it later.

I like to use toggle bolts instead of the molly's they send. Especially with the young ones tugging on that thing. I have been back to replace the screws with toggle bolts on more than one job, it's just better and more stout with the toggle bolts. Do it right once, and you won't have to deal with it later.

Thanks for the tip! It came with screws and plastic anchors. I am sure my boys would have had it ripped down in time.