New Orleans

JWheeler

Don't really know where to post this, so I suppose that this will do. Have travelled down here to southern Mississippi to do a tile job for a company that used to work out of Michigan. Sunday is a free day, and these guys love the outdoors as much as myself. We are leaving around 4:00a.m. to head down to the fishing hole. Not sure what to expect, maybe some Redfish and some speckled trout. None the less, the weather is great, was 81 yesterday, and today was a few degrees cooler. Hope to have a report tomorrow for ya's, and hopefully some picks of fish. I don't care what we catch, I'm done for the year at home, and I know it will just be good to be out. Til' tomorrow.

Yes Frank, I am a long ways from home. Tough to leave the wife and the newborn, but must make a living to support the family. Another beautiful day down here, not a cloud in the sky, and I am possibly now considered a redneck:grin::grin:!

3:30 came awfully quick this morning. It is neat to see a completely different fishery, and see some different techniques. Apparently tide plays a key role as to the fishing. Motored through the marsh and ended up in some sort of almost bay like area. Funny how big the water was, but it was shallow most everywhere, 4-6'. Started off popping shrimp under a bobber. Worked well til' we ran out. Hit some Redfish, Sea Trout, Sheepshead (which is a totally different from michigan sheepshead), and there was one more we were catching, if memory serves me right it was a flounder. None the less we caught a nice mess of fish, can't wait to fry some up and eat em'.

We hit several different spots, and almost every spot yielded at least a few fish. All in all, it was a great day. Fun to be out on the water.

After the fishing we took a little tour of some of the devistation around the New Orleans area, all I can say is wow. It is hard to imagine it. It has been almost 2 years and it is still in ruins! Very, very sad...

On to another day, and another dollar. Should rap things up around here hopefully by thursday. Can't wait to get home and see the rest of the clan. Not too mention just to be in the comfort of my own home...I do have some pics, but will wait til' I get back on the high speed to upload them.

Good Luck...