3-5's all morning long didn't deter us from getting out there, although it was a bit bumpy at times. We worked really hard for the 9 bites we got. The Sharks with spoons behind them ruled the day, getting bit 6 times. Best spoons were a new Northern King Gold NBK (look for it in next year's Northern King catalog), and a prototype Dreamweaver Super-Glow froggy (I'm told this will also be a 2008 item). Best depths were 60-70' down with 15 foot leads off the Sharks. The best diver depths were 180' out on a 2 setting pulling a green Spin Dr. and a Siggs Rigs Green Hypnotist fly. Biggest fish of the day was only 21#, but we were still smiling...fishing sure beats work!

The N/E wind really messed up the water so there really wasn't much of a temp break out there...just lots of water in the 50-60 degree range. If you put in your time and pay close attention to details like down speed, down temp, color selection, and lead lengths, you'll put fish in your boat.

Sorry that I don't have any pics. I walked off and left the camera sitting on my kitchen counter. Best of luck to those of you who get out the rest of the weekend. I'm taking a couple of days off to spend some much needed time with my family over the long weekend.